DO NOT wait too late to register for our own Charles Gorman Meet happening Dec. 12th & 13th.
* DEADLINE to REGISTER is Wednesday, December 2nd by 8pm ONLINE only. NO LATE registrations will be accepted. Accomodation and Registration Details…
SKATING CLASSES FOR GROUPS 1 & 2 THIS COMING SATURDAY NOVEMBER 28TH CANCELLED as most will be at the Fredericton meet. You may find a list of meets and currently known changes to class schedules on our blog at the”Changes To Skating Dates” tab
|Nov.28 & 29
||Harold Joyce Meet – Fredericton, NB
|| NO Gr.1 or 2 class, they may skate with Gr.3
The Saint John Amateur Speed Skating Club welcomes you to the
Charles Gorman Memorial Speed Skating Championship 2015
The event will take place at Harbour Station, 99 Station Street, Saint John, New Brunswick.
This will be a SSNB and SSC sanctioned meet. The competition is open to all skaters and will feature ability class races on the 85m, 100m, and 111m track. You can register online via the Speed Skate NB website. http://speedskatenb.ca/event-registration/
For those who are travelling from afar we are pleased to offer accommodations at the sponsor hotel-The Saint John Hilton. Enjoy vibrant uptown Saint John and walk to Harbour Station in warmth through the pedway.
Accomodation and Registration Details…
The next meet coming up is Fredericton’s “Harold Joyce” Nov. 28 & 29
December 12th & 13th we host the CHARLES GORMAN MEMORIAL CUP at Harbour Station.
We post meet information under the “MEET COMPETITIONS” tab of our Blog so make sure you check in here and go also to Speed Skate New Brunswick – http://speedskatenb.ca/ where you can sign up for email posts.
Get ready to go fast!
Speed Skate Canada now requires ALL skaters at all levels and groups to register individually on their national website. Even if your child is not competing they need to be registered at the national level as well as at our Club registration. You need to create a profile and login for each of your skaters. Your child will not be able to compete in regular meets until they have done this registration and received they SSC number.
Here is the public link for the Speed Skate Canada (SSC) registration.
Charles Gorman Arena, 80 University Avenue, Saint John
In this FUNdamentals Meet younger skaters will participate in an exciting day of fun race themed activities designed to showcase the age and stage appropriate skills that they are learning. This includes several races on varying size tracks, in both clockwise and counter-clockwise directions. Skaters will be grouped according to their abilities and /or times to keep it fair and fun for all. This will be a FUN introduction to competition for some, and a change from standard 2 day long meets for others.
SKATERREGISTRATIONFORMFUNdamentalsmeet2015 (2) FUNdamentals Meet Information
Registration Fee: $ 10 Family: $20
Registration Deadline: October 25th,2015
Check in: 08:30am Racing Starts: 09:00am
It is the morning of Hallowe’en Saturday – the 31st of October. Booooo!
The Saint John Amateur Speed Skating Club is starting classes this Saturday, October 10th at the Gorman Arena….
What to do before you come Saturday:
- NEW THIS YEAR– All skaters Groups 1-5 are required to register individually through the National speed skate organization “Speed Skate Canada” (SSC) Skaters require an SSC number and this is how they will get that number. Previous skaters will be assigned a new number as the old number no longer exists.Skaters are registering with SSC and SSNB (Speed Skate New Brunswick) at the same time. They need to do this for insurance reasons. NOTE-Skaters competing cannot attend meets without this number. Link for the SSC registration. https://mms.speedskating.ca/JoinProgram?id=40
- Get your Equipment-skaters must have it on to go on the ice. Parents on ice must wear skates and helmets.
What to do when you come Saturday:
- Come at least 30 minutes before class time to get your child ready and pay any fees.
- Bring cash or cheques to pay fees. Fees must be paid for your child to go onto the ice.
- If you are RENTING skates come AN HOUR before class time. Come upstairs for Equipment sales and rentals.
For Safety, please remain at the rink while your child is skating, or if this is not possible, leave another parent with instructions on how to reach you in case of emergency.
COACHES AND HELPERS
Many coaches and helpers are needed to make our programs run smoothly. If you are willing to help coach, to learn how to coach, or to be a coach’s helper, please talk to a Club Volunteer or you child’s coach.
We look forward to seeing you Saturday!