Officials Course Level 1 being offered PEI (November 2014) & Moncton (January 2015)
See our Officials and Coaches Training Page for Details
- Anyone who has been assisting in club competitions or intends to help, will be interested in taking this course. Even if your children are young and you currently “do not have time” to help at meets, you will gain a lot of knowledge which will give you the confidence to step in when you are eventually able to.
- Who may attend- No previous officiating experience is required. Previously level 1 clinic attendees may attend as a refresher. Age 16 or older preferred, younger accepted with parent’s permission.
- What you learn about-
- Safety and Ethics in meets
- Meet Organization
- Skater Development
- Roles of Officials-Meet Coordinator, Recorder, Timer, Clerk of the Course (Bull Pen), Referee, Starter Lap Counter, Finish Line Judge, Announcer
- Certification of Official