Officials Course Level 1 being offered PEI (November 2014) & Moncton (January 2015)
See our Officials and Coaches Training Page for Details
- Anyone who has been assisting in club competitions or intends to help, will be interested in taking this course. Even if your children are young and you currently “do not have time” to help at meets, you will gain a lot of knowledge which will give you the confidence to step in when you are eventually able to.
- Who may attend- No previous officiating experience is required. Previously level 1 clinic attendees may attend as a refresher. Age 16 or older preferred, younger accepted with parent’s permission.
- What you learn about-
- Safety and Ethics in meets
- Meet Organization
- Skater Development
- Roles of Officials-Meet Coordinator, Recorder, Timer, Clerk of the Course (Bull Pen), Referee, Starter Lap Counter, Finish Line Judge, Announcer
- Certification of Official
Schedule change for this Saturday Oct 25
Combined group 1-2 practice will be 8:45-10:15.
Please be there by 8:15 to assist with board pads.
FUNdamentals Meet REGISTRATION FORM
We are holding a meet at the Gorman on November 1st- The FUNdamentals Meet. Here is a link to the invitation and registration form.
Deadline to register is this Saturday, Oct.25th.
This meet is a fun meet with a mixture of types of races, lots of excitement and laughs and a good introduction to how a meet is conducted for those who want to start doing racing competitions this season.
You can bring the registration and $10 fee in on this coming SATURDAY, Oct. 25th or slide it under our office door upstairs in the rink at anytime before then. Payment must be with the registration. We are also at the rink on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5;30-8pm if you want to see any of us in person.
We hope you and your skater can take part. It is a fun day.
NOTE-on the registration form do not worry about filling in where it asks for your child’s racing times. The coaches will figure that out. We want to make up groupings for the races that match children of similar speeds.
Steve Crawford and Dave Hodgson are going to do rentals of speed skates and equipment 12-1:30 on Saturday, October 4th at the Gorman. This is for skaters in Groups 1, 2, 3. This is the last chance to get equipment before skating starts the 11th.
We are unable to be at the rink tomorrow for equipment rentals as we had planned. This will instead take place Saturday, October 4th. We will email you / post here with the times when they are confirmed.
WE WILL STILL TAKE SKATING REGISTRATION PAYMENTS TOMORROW.
Note lesson times for Tuesdays and Thursdays will be starting 15 minutes earlier.
Group 2 – 5:30-6:30 pm , Group 1 – 6:45-8:15 pm
Look on our new Fundraising page HERE in our blog for details on how your family can help raise money for your skaters and SJASSC…Bonte frozen cookie dough, Vesey’s perennials and bulbs, tagging dates.